There's a ton of research on the impacts of negative emotions on the body. Negative emotions can lead to weight gain, pain in the body and low energy among other things by increasing your stress level.
Did you know that experiences from your childhood and the negative thoughts and emotions associated with them can cause ill health and weight problems as an adult?
I learned about adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) during my health coach training. A study done from 1995 – 1997 by Kaiser Permanente linked ACEs to a variety of chronic health conditions in adults such as substance abuse, obesity, diabetes, and depression just to name a few.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to assess the study participants with periodic updates of the data. This is now one of the largest investigations of childhood abuse and neglect and later-life health and well-being. You can learn more at https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/acestudy/about.html.
There are three types of ACEs: abuse, neglect, or household dysfunction and while there are many other factors that influence health, being able to heal past traumas and release the negative emotions caused by them are a major factor in the quality of your life.
Lynne Smith of Lifesmith Coaching specializes in helping people clear negative emotions from the body using a method of spiritual energy healing.
I had the opportunity to talk with Lynne recently to learn more and recorded our conversation. You can watch the interview below or scroll down for my summary of takeaways.
- Negative emotions from past traumas or adverse childhood experiences can cause major problems throughout your life, including emotional eating and weight issues
- Releasing negative emotions is crucial in order to live a happy and fulfilling life
- We need to focus more on what’s going on in the present instead of worrying about the past or the future
- This type of spiritual energy healing can be done long distance: Lynne has helped a 16 year-old boy with anxiety who was on the other side of the country and even worked with a man halfway around the world
- Lynne doesn’t need to know what the issue is that’s causing the other person’s pain, and sometimes even the person isn’t consciously aware (as in the case of suppressed memories)
- The person Lynne’s working with does have to be willing and open-minded for this method to be effective
Learn more about Lynne at www.lifesmithcoaching.com.
You can also download a copy of my e-book Mindset Makeover: Discover How Your Thoughts Can Change Your Life by clicking the button below.
Yes I want the e-book!