approx 3 cups
1 package frozen sliced strawberries (600 g)
1/4 c. water
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp chia seed
1/2 tbsp gelatin (Great Lakes - red can)
1. Place strawberries and water in a large, heavy bottomed sauce pot.
2. Heat over medium heat until strawberries have thawed then start mashing with a potato masher.
3. Stir in honey and cook, stirring often until slightly thickened (about 30 minutes).
4. Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds.
5. Let cool to room temperature, then gradually stir in gelatin to prevent clumping.
6. Spoon into glass mason jars and store in fridge or freeze for longer storage (make sure you leave room for expansion).
The sauce will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge and a few months in the freezer.