4 c. frozen mixed berries
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 tbsp cinnamon
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Place frozen berries in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan and add water.
2. Cook on high heat until berries become soft and the liquid starts boiling.
3. Reduce heat, and break down the berries using a potato masher.
4. Stir in maple syrup, cinnamon and lemon juice and let simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds. Let cool to room temperature.
6. Ladle into glass mason jars. Secure lids and let stand at room temperature until cool enough to store in fridge.