Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Juice 1/2 lemon and set aside.
1 can light coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted + extra for greasing griddle
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c. buckwheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Peel banana and place in blender or food processor with coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
3. Turn griddle to 350. Place a small amount of coconut oil and spread around as it melts. (If you don't have a griddle, just use a skillet on the stove - it will take longer to make all the pancakes though.)
4. Mix lemon juice into batter (this helps to activate the baking soda & cream of tartar).
5. Once the griddle is hot, scoop the batter and drop small portions to make each pancake. I have an 1/8 cup measure which I find is the perfect size.
6. Cook until the surface looks dry (about 3-5 minutes), then flip and let cook for another 3 minutes.
7. Remove pancakes to plate and repeat with remaining batter.