Stir fry sauce
1/4 c. water
2 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce if you tolerate it)
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside until ready to use.
2 c. uncooked organic quinoa
4 c. frozen stir fry veggie blend, thawed
600 g. frozen cooked shrimp, thawed overnight in the fridge and tails removed
1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. When quinoa is almost done cooking, heat oil in a saute pan over med/high heat.
3. Add shrimp and veggies and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add arrowroot powder to stir fry sauce and pour into pan with shrimp and veggies.
5. Cook, stirring often until sauce has thickened and shrimp and veggies are well coated, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve over cooked quinoa.
You can substitute any protein for the shrimp.
You could also serve this with brown rice or noodles.